Friday 28 December 2012

My Skin But Better - Kate Powderless Liquid for Cover Foundation

I've had this wonderful little bottle in my beauty drawer for a little over a month now and honestly nearly forgot to review it because I have the attention span of a goldfish >_<

Kate Powderless Liquid for Cover (30ml) - S$34 at Watsons
Foundation is very important to me. It's like the foundation of a building, very important when you start construction! A good foundation sets a good canvas for the rest of your makeup. Or at least that's how I feel =)

First off, I really like the packaging! Small and light! My previous liquid foundation came in a elongated glass pump bottle, not the most outdoor-friendly especially for rough types like me ^__^v The pump is also quite easy to control after getting the initial air out of the way.

A look at the back-of-the-box info:


I bought the Ochre D (OC-D) which turns out to be a PERFECT PERFECT match for my medium fair skin =D I previously bought the Kate BB Gel Cream in OC-B, which gave my face a slightly more radiant colour after evening out with loose powder but OC-D is perfect without any powder tweaking~

A look at the hand swatch:


See? Perfect match!!

Now on the face:


From Left: No makeup >> 1 layer of Kate Powderless Liquid >> added spot layering of Powderless Liquid for more coverage

Absolutely love it! Application was a dream even though I read that for some users the liquid settled in the stated 15sec so they found blending a tad rushed but it was fine for me. The Powderless Liquid is light and doesn't leave any oily or sticky feeling, with a fairly matte finish. Coverage was good, medium but buildable, and held up very well for my 10 hours out. Nicely done Kate!

In short, Kate Powderless Liquid for Cover:
  • comes in a nice lightweight black & beige pump bottle, approximately palm-sized.
  • the pump is easy to control, you're not likely to accidentally end up with a blobby mess.
  • product spreads and blends easily, though dilly-dallying is discouraged due to the 15sec setting time =p
  • used about 2 pumps for my whole face
  • liquid settles quickly into a fairly matte, powdery finish with no oily or sticky feeling developing throughout the day, a slight shine did emerge after about 5 hours though
  • no need for additional dusting of loose powder
  • coverage is sheer to medium and buildable for light concealing
  • product holds up very well on my combination skin, for almost a full 12 hours both in and outdoors
Basically, I love love love this~~ Really gave me the my-skin-but-better look!

Have you tried the Kate Powderless Liquid for Cover? Did you love it did you did you? =D

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Rhi for the review. LOL, the attention span of a goldfish.

    Between this and the Kate Mineral BB cream, which do you prefer? Which gives better coverage and which has better oil control. I already know I won't have any problems with the color.

    To be honest, I am torn at the moment. I have been searching on the web for the perfect BB cream, not that I don't love the Kate one, but I feel I need more. I hear a lot of good things about the Skin 79 pink label BB cream. I so want it for the sebum control, anti wrinkle, and skin whitening properties (for my acne hyper pigmentation), but the only thing that's preventing me from ordering it, is the color. Some have said that it oxidized to match my skin tone well, while others have said that the grayish cast makes you look ghostly. *Sighs* If only the Kate Powderless foundation had some skin benefiting properties. The choice would be obvious.

    Any suggestions advice Rhi?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heya~~ =) hmm it's a close match but I'd probably go with the Powderless Liquid for the slightly matte-er finish and slightly better coverage... hmm I've never used the Skin79 bb creams either, because the reviews seem to be all over the scale and tester swatches at the drugstore looked kinda pasty to me so I couldn't bring myself to purchase >_< so unfortunately I can't help much regarding that range~

      I'm not sure how much stock to put into the skin benefiting properties of cosmetic brand bb creams, especially when some girlfriends got skin problems from theirs...luckily mine haven't given any problems. While it makes me feel better, at the end of the day (to me at least) makeup is makeup, skincare is skincare. Organic makeup comes closest to being effectively both I reckon? vivawoman.net is a good source of info & reviews for organic beauty and skincare products, maybe you could consider organic options and see if anything catches your fancy? www.vivawoman.net/makeup/

      Sorry I can't give you anything concrete, hope the little discussion helped? >_<

      Delete
    2. Yes, your advice is quite helpful Rhi and yes, you are right. I can't expect foundation to do what skincare can. You've put my mind at ease. I'll just search for better skincare and in the mean time I'll purchase and enjoy the awesomeness of the Kate powderless foundation. I'm so happy to be trying this. I think it's exactly what I'm looking for, since I'm so oily. I'm already delighted that the color will match me perfectly. In the past, that is what prevented me from trying some of the wonderful foundations on the market....the too pink, or too light, or not enough yellow undertone colors. Kate is a godsend for my medium light yellow undertone skin.

      Thanks for all your help. I'm going to order the foundation now. I told you reading your blog wasn't good for my pocketbook, haha!!

      Delete
    3. Glad I was able to help somewhat =D I hear you about Kate being a godsend and thanks to you for pointing me in the direction of ochre-D! Such a perfect match, I don't know why I previously kept thinking it'd be too dark for me~ I've obviously overestimated my fairness =/

      It's unfortunate tt skincare is that much more difficult to find and it turns out to be so expensive sometimes! My friend's dermatologist products cost hundreds of dollars and give only slight results. But I really think in your case you could look at products containing salicylic acid, it really helped me control sebum production and overall oiliness~

      Delete
    4. Glad I was able to point you in the right direction with the color. If you're like me, my face is slightly redder than my neck, so I find that using a foundation/powder that is a tad darker helps balance out my redness and imperfections better than the shade that matches my neck exactly.

      As for the salicylic acid, I currently use it in small doses in my toner. Too much of it makes my skin drier. From looking at the photos you post, I can tell your skin is not as oily as mine. Lucky you!!

      Delete
    5. Hmm...I don't have much of an issue with redness I think, it was just finding a shade that wasn't too pasty or yellow and that wouldn't oxidise into a greyish shade~ Yeah...I'm pretty grateful that my skin is fairly normal with just the usual issues like blackheads, pores, pigmentation etc. I hope you find something that works for you soon! Fingers crossed for the konjac sponge~

      Delete
  2. PS This foundation looks great on you. ^____^

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?