Friday 5 April 2013

Bijinsenmon 美人専門 Face Slimming Serum - Fugu Face?

Fugu is Japanese Pufferfish by the way. ^_^

I realize many girls nowadays have really slim faces.... Like nice sharp chins and no unsightly cheek bulges and double chins. And it's killing me softly inside. *sigh* On my first trip to Paris I refused to be photographed by my friends because it was so difficult to get a flattering angle of my big face! And even in my own shots, there was no hiding my chubby jawline. Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind some flesh on my face but the looming double chin is too much for my delicate ego. =P

So I bought this:

Bijinsenmon Face Slimming Serum - S$49 from Guardian Pharmacy

Closeup so you can see those E particles
Although fronted by popular HongKong actress Christine Ng, Bijinsenmon is of Japanese formulation. You can read more about the company HERE.

A look at the back of the box info:




Closer look after the cut!


Dispensed with an easily controled pump, the serum is quite light and watery and one pump is enough for me. As you massage, it absorbs completely in about 2 minutes and doesn't leave any stickiness behind. Unlike some slimming creams/lotions that give a burning or tingly sensation after applying, the Bijinsenmon serum simple absorbs and that's that.


If you're not sure how to go about the neck and jawline massage, you can refer to the Tanaka massage method I'd blogged about previously HERE.

I've been using this serum religiously on my neck and jawline for a little over a month now and am glad to say that I noticed results around the 3rd week! ^o^
 
Check out the bulge on my jawline!
The Husband said some people would think it was a matter of angling but I tried my best to get the same angle as my 'before' shot. So I guess you'll just have to take my word for it~

One bad thing about the serum though. About 3 or 4 days after I started using it, I started getting these little bumps on my jawline, like tiny little clogs. You know, the kind you can feel but can't see? >_< Much as I dislike the idea of them being there, I'm liking my slimmer jawline too much to give up the rest of the bottle. So I'll finish it and maybe give it a rest and see if those little bumps go away.

So in a nutshell, the Bijinsenmon Face Slimming Serum:
  • comes in a small, sturdy glass bottle with pump dispenser
  • is a light, watery serum that absorbs well without any heating or tingling sensation
  • is ever so slightly pricey but the 30ml bottle should last about 2 months of regular single pump use
  • should definitely be paired with the lymphatic massage for better results
  • showed clear results on my slightly pudgy jawline in about 3 weeks
  • BUT caused some tiny little bumps on my jawline, invisible to the naked eye but you can feel them
  • might have even better results if you have higher water retention tendencies
Of course, I don't expect the results of this serum to be permanent but I'm spending some time in Tokyo next week so I wanna look pretty/pretty-ish~ So yes, I reckon this would be a nice little addition to your routine if you have a wedding or reunion or something like that coming up!

As stated on the box, the serum should be paired with the Bijinsenmon Face Slimming mask for optimum results so I bought the mask on sale when I passed by Guardian earlier this week! Will review the combined effects in a few weeks~

Do you have any other facial slimming goodies to recommend? =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?