Wednesday 22 May 2013

Got my eye on Rachel K Youth Complex~

This is another belated post that I took photos of and then proceeded to forget about >_< Apologies all around~

For people who keep frequent late nights like me, beauty solutions for the eye area are always important. So for my fellow nocturnal creatures, I come bearing good news!

I bought the Rachel K Youth Complex Eye cream at BHG during a 20% sale sometime back off it's original price of S$35~ The Rachel K range is also available at Watsons which is pretty good since Watsons has good sales very often!

S$35 / 15ml tube
Certified Organic! Me likey~
This certified organic anti-aging eye cream contains powerful active ingredients (Algae from depth of the oceans, Aloe Vera, Shea Butter, Jojoba, Olive Oils, Squalane) that rapidly smooth, hydrate, reduce puffiness and dark under-eye circles.

The usual look at the back-of-the-box info:



One of the main features of this product is it's petal shaped pump dispenser cum massage applicator~ The massaging motion recommended during application is supposed to encourage circulation whilst delivering instant de-puffing effects on tired eyes!


 

Just press down to dispense the youth complex cream. The product is smooth, very slightly cream in colour and has very little scent. What little scent I can detect is rather like jojoba/olive oil, so it's not unpleasant =)

By placing the applicator as below, you can massage the cream directly with a smooth back and forth action. The first couple of times, you might experience a very slight warming sensation on the applied area but there were no other side effects for me.

 
The product absorbs well, leaving only a slightly moisturized feeling to my undereye area in its wake. It performed nicely under makeup, not flaking or anything like that. But do note that I did let it absorb very very thoroughly before putting on makeup. Only a small dollop is required for each application, making this product very cost effective!
 
I used this very faithfully twice a day because it's so easy, I didn't need to put my fingers into any dinky little jars and because the applicator was so well-shaped, I didn't really need to pay attention while I was massaging the cream in too~
 
But the best part was the results!
 
 
Not sure if you can see it but there's a small puffy patch under my left eye (right eye from your point of view) that's been there for almost forever... I actually noticed that it had gone down considerably by the 3rd day, which is really pretty awesome~ After about a week I took this photo and was very pleased with the results! The dullness around my eyes had lightened to a slight redness and alot of the initial puffiness was gone! The fine lines, I regret to say, are still there but hey, 2 out of 3 isn't bad at all!
 
So basically now whenever I unfortunately end up going to bed at say 4a.m, I don't need to worry about awakening with puffy eyes! And for just S$35? It's a no brainer!
 
In short, Rachel K Youth Complex Eye Cream is:
  • an affordable drugstore option that delivers speedy results
  • comes in a stylish pump tube with massage applicator, no need to get your hands dirty
  • cap becomes slightly loose after frequent use though
  • light to no scent makes it easy on those who are sensitive to fragrances
  • product is creamy but not heavy; did not cause milia on me
  • highly absorbable product makes it easy/comfortable for day and night wear
  • dark eye circles are reduced quickly
  • de-puffing action easily rivals Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye cream
  • fine line reduction doesn't seem to be as effective though

I'm really glad I happened to buy this eye cream because it really gives the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye a run for its money for almost half the price! Super satisfied! ( ^___^ )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?